It is a step-by-step process
Below are resources to help you with each step in the process.
How to write an annotated bibliography
There are two documents below. The first contains instructions on how to write an annotated bibliography and the second is an example of an annotated bibliography. Please contact the librarian if you have questions or need help.
Resources for topic choice
Checking out a book from UVA
- Open the Virgo link below to begin search.
- Type in keywords, title, author or subject into the search box
- Filter results by library(make sure it is Alderman or Clemons), subject, or publication date
- Make sure it is a print resource
- Make note of LC Call numbers of relevant books
(Tell students to take time to browse subject area where books are located
because often research treasures are serendipitous).
Students are responsible to steward books they check out
and return them to UVA in a timely manner.